5 “Do’s” and “Don’ts” for Women Entrepreneurs By: Samrah Azam
“Do’s” and “Don’t s” I learned from my fellow strong women entrepreneurs from across Pakistan and the World during my entrepreneurial journey.
- Do believe that an entrepreneur who is a team player will seldom suffer work burnout! When you trust your people and their work and have ability to identify and appreciate their skills you can get quality performance which they themselves even can’t believe they can do.
- Do hire mostly female staff as you can provide opportunities and economic independence for the stability of women who are unemployed or looking for work again after baby breaks or those who are only allowed to work with females.
- Do Your hard work! Your honesty, dedication, and effective time management skills will take you ahead. You can always work on your skills but you need to be persistent and In order to win you must have the will.
- Do enjoy your work and be in love with your start up no one can stop you to take the lead.
- Do try to recognize your strengths and weaknesses and learn to work on them by trying which business Model can work for you best! Don’t let others lead you rather try to work out your own way it may take some time but once you reach your goal it will make you realize that it was worth putting that much effort as it boosts your inner confidence that you have what it takes you to your road of success. Let your instinct guide you!
- Don’t forget when you set up a business for your economic independence you have a chance to do capacity building by employing underprivileged women.We strongly need women empowerment in all sectors of Pakistan.
- Don’t ever let anyone put you down and compare yourself with anyone. Keep your Chin up! Always have confidence in your products and services remain focused on your work goals and keep going and focus on improving! Being an entrepreneur is more about your mindset than just the skill set. As you can do anything if you put the right effort and give enough time to your venture.
- Don’t give up and learn from your failures. Fear of failure can be replaced by hope and expectation for success.
- Don’t hold back what you are destined to be! If you are surrounded by people who are loyal and support you, then you can overcome any kind of hurdles and achieve success.
- Don’t ignore your home keeping the right balance among your family and work is one of the key of major success factor.